The Foundation aims at aiding, sustaining, and advancing archaeological research in all periods of antiquity.
Specifically, the Foundation provides grants for:
- the operation of archaeological projects with significant potential for advancing our knowledge of ancient Pylos; currently the Foundation supports the Iklaina Archaeological Project, but additional projects in the area of Pylos will be supported in the future as the Foundation grows
- the preservation, conservation, and management of archaeological sites and the cultural resources of the area;
- the purchase of land for systematic excavation;
- the purchase of infrastructure, materials, and equipment needed for original archaeological fieldwork, as well as for museum and lab analyses of finds;
- archaeological projects by individual scholars and scientists.